Friday, February 8, 2013

Don Andrea QUITS Best Fm.

There's a Guinea saying that goes...  
"If you dream of moving mountains tomorrow, you must start by lifting small stones today". 

I called it a day as far as my job at the Masaka based Urban Music music station is concerned.
I've been the station’s Drive show host, one of the most listened to shows in the Southern Region and also 3 other shows that have been at par with High Ratings.. namely:


  1. The Drive ; Weekdays 4pm-8pm
  2. Sports Wrap > Saturday 12pm-2pm
  3. Dance Mix / On The Edge > Saturday 8pm till Late...and
  4. The Comfort Zone > Sunday 7pm-10pm
Looking back  at my first day on the MIC of Best Fm, it was on a Monday, 5th October 2009 when i sat besides Andrew. K who also quit in October 2011.

3yrs and 4 Months down the road, i've managed to brand THE DRIVE - Weekdays 4-8pm as the biggest Show that has ever existed on Best Fm with a Tagline "4 Hrs of Big Tunes, Wolox and Entertainment".

During the 40 months of service, i proved to be a Multi-Purpose player who has played in all positions of the team... Presented all shows, Production, Promotions, Traffic... etc.

But due to the changes at the station that saw the departure of all my Team members...i.e Andrew.K, Disan, Gibs, Ester, Jackie, Kwame, and above all... MEGHAN, i had no choice but also throw in the towel.

Here's a Message to all the Fans, Friends and Colleagues:

Dear All

I am writing this Note with mixed feelings of Joy and Sorrow.

With a very Heavy Heart, I wish to say goodbye to all of you.
After serving with Best Fm for 3yrs and 4 Months, i feel it’s time for me to move on.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank all my superiors who have helped me grow as a person and as a professional. I would also like to thank all my colleagues for their untiring support and displaying their faith in me.

And to all the Fans/Listeners/Friends… Words can never be enough to express how I feel cos u’ve made me who I am today. God Bless You.

We’ll meet in another Time & Place. Take care and thanks once again.



"Don Andrea" - Keeps up to date with breaking news, stories from around the World, including headlines from the hip hop and entertainment world. 
Categories: